NIC Yearbook 133 - PAPERBACK EDITION
New In Chess Yearbook, which appears four times a year, contains the latest news in chess openings. Each issue brings you dozens of new ideas on the cutting edge of modern chess opening theory. Have a look at what this issue has to offer.
The Forum pages are crammed with spontaneous contributions by readers, such as an attempt at refutation of the Morra Gambit by Elijah Logozar, a new idea in the Alatortsev QGD by Joshua Doknjas, as well as contributions by grandmasters Viacheslav Zakhartsov and Davorin Kuljasevic, and IM Luis Rodi. A.C. van der Tak, René Olthof and Peter Boel also present novelties from recent tournament practice.
In this column, Dutch grandmaster and top chess coach Erwin l’Ami scours the thousands of new correspondence games that are played every month for important novelties that may start new waves in OTB chess also. Every three months it’s your chance to check out the best discoveries from this rich chess source that tends to be underexposed.
Glenn Flear’s Reviews column focuses on the question whether there will ever be an ‘Ultimate Main Line’. Will it start with 1.d4 ? Several books reviewed in this Yearbook are about this first move: Boris Avrukh’s Grandmaster Repertoire 2B: 1.d4 Dynamic Systems, Cyrus Lakdawala’s book on his latest repertoire change 1 d4 with 2 c4, and Viktor Moskalenko’s An Attacking Repertoire for White with 1.d4. And then there is also Tibor Karolyi’s 2-part book Play the Dutch!. The fifth reviewed book, on the treacherous Hippopotamus Defence by Alessio De Santis, is especially special.
- Sicilian Defence - Najdorf Variation 6.♘b3 - Kuljasevic
- Sicilian Defence - Dragon Yugoslav Attack 9.?c4 - Olthof
- Sicilian Defence - Rossolimo Variation 3...g6 - Timman
- Pirc Defence - The 150 Attack 4.♗e3 - Petrov
- French Defence - Winawer Variation 7.♕g4 - Ris
- Caro-Kann Defence - Advance Variation 3.e5 c5 - Järvenpää
- Ruy Lopez - Møller Defence 5...♗c5 - Kaufman
- Ruy Lopez - The 6.d3 Line - Fogarasi
- Ruy Lopez - Anti-Marshall Variation 8.d4 - Ponomariov
- Italian Game - Giuoco Piano 5.d4 - Adams
- Italian Game - Evans Gambit 4.b4 - Hungaski
- Italian Game - Giuoco Piano 4.c3, 5.d3 - Saric
- Scotch Opening - Four Knights 4.d4 exd4 5.♘xd4 - Motylev
- Scotch Opening - Mieses Variation 5.♘xc6 - Szabo
- Queen’s Gambit Declined - Early Divergences 4.?g5 - Sokolov
- Slav Defence - Slav Gambit 4...dxc4 5.e4 - Ilczuk/Panczyk
- Tarrasch Defence - Rubinstein Variation 6.g3 - Moskalenko
- Catalan Opening - Open Variation 6…dxc4 - Sielecki
- Nimzo-Indian Defence - Vienna Variation 6...b5 - Olthof
- Grünfeld Indian Defence - Exchange Variation 7.♕a4 - Gupta
- Grünfeld Indian Defence - Exchange Variation 7.♗e3 - Flear
- Grünfeld Indian Defence - Exchange Variation 7.♘f3 - Mchedlishvili
- King’s Indian Defence - EEarly Divergences 3.h4 - Bosch
- English Opening - Marshall Variation 4...e5 - Cummings
|Publication Date||Jan 23, 2020|
|Notation Type||FAN - Figurine|
|Popular Series||New in Chess Yearbooks|
|Book Binding Type||Paperback|