CLEARANCE - Chess Exam And Training Guide - Rate Yourself
ALL SALES FINAL! NO RETURNS OR EXCHANGES!
SORRY, NO COUPONS ALLOWED FOR THIS ITEM!
What is Your Chess Rating? Take this Comprehensive Self-Evaluation!
Would you like to know how good you really are at chess? Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned master, this book will help you to evaluate your current level, identify your weaknesses and get training advice.
Inside this book, you will discover:
* 100 diagrams and 200 total questions of various levels of difficulty.
* Comprehensive answers with diagrams to make reviewing easier.
* Distributions of answers, percentiles and other statistical reports by rating.
* Results are evaluated and Ratings are assigned Overall and by 12 distinct categories: Opening, Middlegame, Endgame, Attack, Defense, Counterattack, Tactics, Strategy, Calculations, Standard Positions (Endgame), Sacrifices, and Threat Recognition.
* Comprehensive reports on each of the categories with examples, training recommendations and book/materials suggestions.
This is what others have said about this book..
"A comprehensive exam that will quickly and accurately test your combinational ability, your positional judgement and endgame expertise...Instructive and entertaining!" - Alex Yermolinsky, Grandmaster, former US champion and member of US Olympic team.
"This book will prove helpful for students and teachers who want to get an objective idea of their strengths and weaknesses and how to correct them... it is very easy to understand and the didactic style shows through" - John Donaldson, International Master, director of Mechanics' Institute Chess Club
"The book clearly shows what parts of the game you may want to improve and then tells you how to do that. I recommend this book to all my students!" - Jaan Ehlvest, Grandmaster, former World Championship candidate, president of Ehlvest Chess-Gates LLC
"The training ideas and book recommendations are right on the money!" - Alex Shabalov, Grandmaster, 3-times US Champion
International Master Igor Khmelnitsky is a 3-times participant in the exclusive U.S. Chess Championship, a winner of numerous tournaments in Europe and the United States. Igor's work has been published in Chess Informant, New In Chess, Chess Life, Chess Today and other major chess publications.
Thousands of players of all levels tried my puzzles, quizzes and exercises. Many have taken and raved about this Exam. What are you waiting for?
|Publication Date||Dec 31, 2003|
|Notation Type||FAN - Figurine|
|Book Binding Type||Paperback|