GingerGM - Fiona’s Fundamentals
WIM Fiona Steil-Antoni’s Fiona’s Fundamentals is a comprehensive introduction to the basic principles of chess. Suitable for beginners to advanced club players on the tournament circuit, Fiona’s Fundamentals covers an extensive repertoire of essential principles, ideal for anyone wishing to develop or strengthen their existing skills and refresh their chess. Presented in the Double Tuition format with GM Simon Williams aka GingerGM, every fundamental is illustrated with examples from Fiona’s own games spanning years from her debut at international competitions aged 11, to an Olympiad Gold board medalist aged 17.
Is this course for me?
In five full chapters spanning 7.5 hours, Fiona and Simon will take you through the crucial principles necessary for the improving player, including time management, intuition, calculation, avoiding mistakes, reacting under pressure, and seeing one move further. Your chess: refreshed! To end the DVD, Fiona and Simon present their favorite games from their many years of tournament play.
You will learn:
- The basic principles of opening play
- How to develop your pieces and control the centre
- To avoid unnecessary pawn and piece moves
- The importance of gaining time, and not to panic!
- Fundamental strategies of the middle game
- Blunders, and how to prevent them
- Why planning is a pivotal concept in chess
- Not to lose focus, resign prematurely and to think twice before accepting a draw
- That you should always check your opponent’s last move
- How to use all your pieces
|ISBN||Does not apply|
|Host||GM Simon Williams, Fiona Steil-Antoni|
|Publication Date||February 17, 2022|
|Region Lock||None - Playable Anywhere|
|Hardware Requirements||Standard DVD Player|