Checkmate! Ideas For Students is an instructional workbook for students who have mastered basic chess rules, beginning chess play, and the use of chess notation. Checkmate! Ideas For Students is designed with students, coaches, and parents in mind.
- Reading level is appropriate for grade-school use.
- Each page is presented in easy-to-use worksheet format.
- Page-by-page activities allow teachers to assess student understanding and progress
- Activities are comprehensive, yet easy to correct.
- Student-friendly Answer Key makes self-correction fun.
Checkmate! Ideas For Students uses algebraic notation to record moves, and follows the standard chess conventions of placing black pieces at the top of chess diagrams and of capitalizing the names of all chess pieces except pawns. The words white and black are capitalized only when referring to excellent preparation for Checkmate! Ideas For Students. Field-tested Portfolio Assessment Activity
Checkmate! Ideas For Students has been extensively field-tested with elementary, middle-school and high-school students and with at-risk students. Checkmate! Ideas For Students is an ideal portfolio assessment activity.