ew In Chess Yearbook, which appears four times a year, contains the latest news in chess openings.
Each issue brings you dozens of new ideas on the cutting edge of modern chess opening theory.
The Yearbook not only covers the latest fashions, but also offers fresh insights into underrated gambits, rare continuations, and almost forgotten weapons.
There are columns by former US Champion Joel Benjamin and Russian Grandmaster Alexey Kuzmin, who used to coach World Champion Anatoly Karpov, while English GM Glenn Flear reviews new books on chess openings.
- Sicilian Defence - Najdorf Variation 6.Be3 - Gutman
- Sicilian Defence - Najdorf Variation 6.h3 - Vigorito
- Sicilian Defence - Taimanov Variation 6.Qd3 - Bruzon Batista
- French Defence - Winawer Variation 6...Ne7 - Miedema
- Caro-Kann Defence - Two Knights Variation 3...Nf6 - Bosch
- Caro-Kann Defence - Advance Variation 4.Nf3 - Finkel
- Scandinavian Defence - Gubnitsky-Pytel Variation 3...Qd6 - Yotov
- Ruy Lopez - Delayed Cozio Variation 5.Bb3 - Rodi
- Ruy Lopez - Early Divergences after 3...a6 4.Ba4 - Fogarasi
- Ruy Lopez - Zaitsev Variation 10...Re8 - Szabo
- Italian Game - Giuoco Piano 5.d3 - A.Kuzmin
- Scotch Game - Mieses Variation 4...Nf6 5.Nxc6 - Timman
- Various Openings - English Defence 1...b6 - Gonda
- Queen’s Gambit Declined - Blackburne Variation 5.Bf4 - Ikonnikov
- Queen’s Gambit Declined - The 4...Nbd7 Complex - Panczyk/Ilczuk
- Slav Defence - 5.g3 Line - Raznikov
- Slav Defence - Exchange Variation 5.Bf4 - Antic
- Tarrasch Defence - Semi-Tarrasch 6.e4 - Karolyi
- Catalan Opening - Open Variation 6...dxc4 - I.Almasi
- Nimzo-Indian Defence - Rubinstein Variation 4.e3 - Mchedlishvili
- Nimzo-Indian Defence - Kmoch Variation 5.d5 b5 - Olthof
- Queen’s Indian Defence - Classical Variation 4...Bb7 - D’Costa
- Grünfeld Indian Defence - Exchange Variation 7.Bc4 - Demuth
- King’s Indian Defence - Classical Variation 7...Re8 - Ivanisevic
- King’s Indian Defence - Fianchetto Variation 6...Nbd7 - Adhiban
- Queen’s Pawn Openings - Torre Attack 3.Bg5 - De Dovitiis
With more than 75 practical opening exercises to test your understanding.
The Yearbook is a must-have publication for all serious chess students.