If you want to master any chess opening, you need to know the typical positional ideas and remember the most important theoretical lines. But this is really not enough.
You also need to know the common tactical ideas, the kingside attacks, and positional breakthroughs.
In this 80/20 Tactics course, IM Irina Bulmaga equips you with expert knowledge of the key tactical and strategic ideas in the Scotch Opening – the fantastically powerful weapon Garry Kasparov turned to in his World Championship matches against Karpov and Short.
The Scotch gives you an important psychological edge against 1…e5 players who are comfortable playing the Ruy Lopez and Italian Game, taking them into uncharted territory where you call the shots.
It’s a strategically and dynamically complex opening full of tactical possibilities, making it perfect for players who want the game to be decided by skill instead of just memorizing theory.
Join IM Irina Bulmaga and master an aggressive opening you can use to win games for the rest of your playing days.
Part 1: Tactics in The Scotch
- Chapter 1: Tactics in the Opening
- Chapter 2: Tactics in the Middlegame
- Chapter 3: Tactics in the Endgame
Part 2: Lessons in The Scotch
- Chapter 1: Attacking ideas
- Chapter 2: The d5 breakthrough
- Chapter 3: The Secret Maneuver
- Chapter 4: Sacrificing material for the initiative
- Chapter 5: Exploiting Black’s bad light-squared
- Chapter 6: Playing the endgame
Disclaimer: If opened, this item may only be returned in exchange for the same item.