The DGT Project's Electronic Chessboard is the PERFECT way to play Computer Chess! This elegant Chessboard connects to your PC via Bluetooth or USB, allowing you accurately recreate the tournament-playing experience while playing against one of the many compatible chess software programs available.
* The DGT Electronic Chessboard is an accurate and fast chess move input device for your computer.
* Broadcast chess games over the Internet.
* Ideal for tournament presentation.
* Let the computer analyze games while playing a human opponent.
* Automatically store games in the memory of the board while you play, and retrieve the games as PGN later
* Beautifully-inlaid wood board with official FIDE Tournament size squares (2.25 in x 2.25 in or 5.5 x 5.5 cm)
* Chessboard only .75 in or 1.8cm thick, the same as a normal chessboard
* Modern, reliable sensor technology recognizes each piece accurately and fast. Each piece is identified by color and type. This gives you extra reliability in fast blitz games and makes setting up chess positions easy.
* Internal memory (for 500 moves)
* Driver CD included
* Can be connected to the DGT XL or DGT 3000 Digital Chess Clock (sold separately).
The DGT Electronic Board is supported by many programs, and new programs are added frequently.
POPULAR SUPPORTED PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
* ChessBase products: ChessBase, Rybka, Fritz, Hiarcs, Nimzo, Junior, etc.
* Pocket Grandmaster 2.0: a fully featured and extremely strong award winning chess playing program for Pocket PCs running Pocket PC 2002+ or Windows CE 3.0+.
* Arena (All versions) A GUI to play with many chess engines like Craft, GNUChess, LambChop and many, many more
* Internet Chess Club:
* Chess Assistant
I received my chess set quickly. That does not surprise me since I have always had good service from Wholesale Chess. I ran the setup programs and everything worked good. I then tried using Chess assistant to use it but while It appeared to be connecting I could not get it to load moves. I decided to load Fritz which came with the board. I allowed me to enter the moves. Fritz however is not able to run a game without using the chess engine. I went back into CA and started looking at the options. There is an option to connect DGT via DLL. That worked like a charm and I was able to record the game in CA. Hope that helps any that use CA for a database. I did have a problem with one of the queens in the set. It did not show up on the board. I contacted Wholesale chess right away so I should not have problem getting that replaced.