This is a course for intermediate players. It is based on a textbook by a distinguished Russian chess trainer Victor Golenishchev. The source material is supplemented with examples of play by lead chess players from the latest major contests and is organized in chess lessons. The course is designed for 1 year and contains 75 lessons, including theoretical material and practical exercises. The theoretical part includes more than 290 examples of play. The practical part includes more than 750 exercises of varying difficulty.
The course allows you to:
- Study the theoretical material and test your knowledge
- See changes in your rating
- Keep track of your progress
- Play against computer starting with a set position
- Print exercises
System requirements: IBM-compatible PC, 256 Mb RAM, hard disk 100Mb, Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, CD-ROM drive. No additional software required.
BASICS OF STRATEGY
1. Pawn majority on one of the flanks
----EXPLOITING A PAWN MAJORITY ON THE QUEENSIDE
----FIGHTING THE PAWN MAJORITY ON FLANK
2. Pawn chain
3. A qualitative pawn majority
4. RESTRICTION OF THE MOBILITY AND BLOCKADE.
5. A pawn pair "c3+d4" on the semi-opened files
6. An isolated pawn in the center of the board
7. Hanging pawns
8. Carlsbad structure
9. Closed center
10. Compensation for a pawn
----A DYNAMICAL PAWN SACRIFICE
----POSITIONAL PAWN SACRIFICE
1. A bishop against the pawns
2. The bishops of the same color
3. The bishops of opposite color
4. A knight against the pawns
5. The knight endings
6. A bishop against a knight
----A BISHOP AGAINST A KNIGHT.
----A BISHOP IS STRONGER THN A KNIGHT
----A KNIGHT IS STRONGER THAN A BISHOP
7. A rook against the pawns
8. The rook endings
9. A rook against a minor piece
----A ROOK AGAINST A BISHOP
----A ROOK IS STRONGER THAN A BISHOP
----A BISHOP IS STRONGER THAN A ROOK
----A ROOK AGAINST A KNIGHT
----A ROOK IS STRONGER THAN A KNIGHT
----A KNIGHT IS STRONGER THAN A ROOK
10. The queen endings
11. A queen versus a rook
METHODIC DIRECTIONS FOR THE LEARNING PLAN
System Requirements: IBM-compatible PC, 256 Mb RAM, hard disk 100Mb, Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, CD-ROM drive. No additional software required.
Disclaimer: If opened, this item may only be returned in exhange for same item.
Please contact the developer with any support issues.