When you purchase this version of The Paco Vallejo Method, you will receive a download link after checkout.
Winning at chess takes a lot more than just tactical sharpness and theoretical knowledge. As well as the pieces on the board, a champion takes into account his emotions, those of his opponent, the clock and the art of practical decision-making.
Should you complicate or play solidly? Play fast or slow? These decisions often prove to be just as important as any brilliant combination that’s found or missed.
In this superb 9 hour course, GM Francisco ‘Paco’ Vallejo Pons reveals the most instructive moments from his games, focusing on the practical decisions that won or lost the game.
Paco is one of the world’s top players with a rating over 2700, is a former World Youth Champion and defeated Veselin Topalov in their 2012 match. In The Paco Vallejo Method, he presents his golden rules of practical chess success, tips that will help any player get the most from their ability.
On top of valuable advice on how to avoid time trouble, eliminate blunders and recognize the critical, game-winning moments, Paco gives superb grandmaster insights into popular openings, strategic decisions and techniques to convert an endgame advantage.
This combination of instructive chess content and self-management – a topic rarely discussed elsewhere – make The Paco Vallejo Method the essential improvement course for anyone who competes, whether for their club or in tournaments.
As well as 9 hours of fantastic video coaching from one of the strongest players in the world, you get practical tests to reinforce the ideas and make them part of your natural play plus a detailed course summary picking out the most important ideas from each chapter for quick reference.
Part 1: Winning the opening battle
- Rescuing a bad opening: Vallejo Pons-Leko
- Instructive mistakes: Vallejo Pons-Bacrot
- Taking on an expert in their favorite line: Vallejo Pons-Svidler
- Facing unexpected moves: Aronian-Vallejo Pons
- Imposing your style: Anand-Vallejo Pons
- Understanding the position: Vallejo Pons-Gashimov
- Winning preparation: Vallejo Pons-Sadorra
Part 2: Learning from your mistakes
- Analysis paralysis: Vallejo Pons-Topalov
- Recognizing critical moments: Vallejo Pons-Laznicka
- Managing your time and energy: Khismatullin-Vallejo Pons
- Recovering from a bad loss: Moskalenko-Vallejo Pons
Part 3: Facing an inspired player
- In the zone: Vallejo Pons-Predojevic
- Under pressure: Vallejo Pons-Inarkiev
- Making better decisions: Jumabayev-Vallejo Pons
Part 4: Eliminating time trouble
- Playing with the initiative: Vallejo Pons-Areshchenko
- Double-edged positions: Wojtaszek-Valleo Pons
- Awareness of your time management: Vallejo Pons-Jobava
Part 5: Banishing blunders
- Finding your opponent’s ideas: Caruana-Vallejo Pons
- One mistake leads to another: Ivanisevic-Vallejo Pons
**IF THERE ARE ONLY DIGITAL PRODUCTS IN YOUR ORDER, YOU WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THEM IMMEDIATELY. iF YOU ARE ALSO PURCHASING OTHER PRODUCTS, YOU WILL HAVE ACCESS TO DOWNLOADS AS SOON AS YOUR OTHER PRODUCTS HAVE SHIPPED.**