When you purchase The Fashionable Caro-Kann Vol. 2: Advance Variation 3.e5 Bf5 from Wholesale Chess a DVD/ROM will be sent to the shipping address you select during checkout. If you prefer to receive The Fashionable Caro-Kann Vol. 2: Advance Variation 3.e5 Bf5 via download please click here to go to the ChessBase Shop, add The Fashionable Caro-Kann Vol. 2: Advance Variation 3.e5 Bf5 to your cart and choose "Download" as your delivery method when you checkout.
The Caro Kann is a very tricky opening. Black’s play is based on controlling and fighting for key light squares. It is a line which was very fashionable in late 90s and early 2000s due to the successes of greats like Karpov, Anand, Dreev etc. Recently due to strong engines lot of key developments have been made and some new lines have been introduced, while others have been refuted altogether. I have analyzed the new trends carefully and found some new ideas for Black. The dynamic play based on a strong strategic foundation has always fascinated me, and in these DVDs I have suggested the lines which I personally prefer and employ in practice. Recently at the World Rapid and Blitz Championships at Qatar I used many of them with great success, managing to score important wins over top GMsVachier Lagrave, Radjabov, Jobava and drawing against Vishy Anand. I am sure you will learn a lot about the opening and will enjoy the battle for the light squares.
Aggressive Setup with 4.Nc3 e6 5.g4
Trendy Line 4.h4
Side Lines 4.Nd2/4.Be3
Main Line 4.Nf3 e6 5.Be2 c5
• Video running time: 3 h 48 min (English)
• With interactive training including video feedback
• Extra: Exclusive database with analysis by the author and 50 model games
• Including CB 12 Reader
Minimum: Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3), DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9, ChessBase 12/Fritz 13 or included Reader and internet connection for program activation. Recommended: PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better, 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD-ROM drive and internet connection for program activation.
- 01: Introduction [06:28]
- Advance Variation (1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 3.e5 Bf5):
- 02: The aggressive Nc3 Part 1: 4.Nc3 e6 5.g4 Bg6 6.Nge2 c5 7.Be3 Nc6 8.dxc5 - Video analysis [14:11]
- 03: The aggressive Nc3 Part 1: 4.Nc3 e6 5.g4 Bg6 6.Nge2 c5 7.h4 h5 8.Nf4 Bh7 - Video analysis [14:35]
- 04: The rich Nd2: 4.Nd2 e6 5.Nb3 Nd7/c5 - Video analysis [17:08]
- 05: The Be3 Line: 4.Be3 e6/Qb6 - Video analysis [15:08]
- 06: The fun Line h4 - quick overview: 4.h4 - Video analysis [06:15]
- 07: The fun Line h4 - Part 1: 4.h4 h5 5.Bg5 Qb6 - Video analysis [12:51]
- 08: The fun Line h4 - Part 2: 4.h4 h5 5.Bd3 Bxd3 6.Qxd3 e6/Qa5 - Video analysis [14:40]
- 09: The fun Line h4 - Part 3: 4.h4 h5 5.c4 e6 - Video analysis [12:50]
- 10: The fun Line h4 - Part 4: 4.h4 h5 5.c4 e6 6.Nc3 Ne7 7.Nge2 - Video analysis [08:59]
- 11: The Main Line Nf3 overview: 4.Nf3 e6 5.Be2 and 5...c5 6.0-0 - Video analysis [17:29]
- 12: The Main Line Nf3 Part 1: 4.Nf3 e6 5.Be2 c5 6.Be3 cxd4 7.Nxd4 Ne7 8.c4 - Video analysis [20:17]
- 13: The Main Line Nf3 Part 2: 4.Nf3 e6 5.Be2 c5 6.Be3 cxd4 7.Nxd4 Ne7 8.Bg5 - Video analysis [07:02]
- 14: The Main Line Nf3 Part 3: 4.Nf3 e6 5.Be2 c5 6.Be3 cxd4 7.Nxd4 Ne7 8.Nd2 - Video analysis [17:04]
- 15: The Main Line Nf3 Part 4: 4.Nf3 e6 5.Be2 c5 6.Be3 cxd4 7.Nxd4 Ne7 8.0-0 - Video analysis [19:31]
- Test questions
- 16: Test 1 [01:08]
- 17: Test 2 [01:14]
- 18: Test 3 [01:14]
- 19: Test 4 [03:20]
- 20: Test 5 [01:37]
- 21: Test 6 [02:41]
- 22: Test 7 [04:08]
- 23: Test 8 [03:15]
- 24: Test 9 [03:23]
Disclaimer: If opened, this item may only be returned in exchange for the same item.
Note: Please contact the developer with any support issues.