Grandmaster Simon Williams, the world's leading exponent of The Classical Dutch, introduces his debut DVD where the viewer explores the spectrum of exciting opportunities that Black will encounter when playing this opening. With a running time of over 6 hours, this innovative chess tutorial DVD is serious value for money. Follow Simon as he introduces the main ideas and theory behind The Classical Dutch.
The DVD design is a key factor that will ensure this product stands out from the crowd. Navigating through the DVD is made simple by easy to follow menus. Simon conducts this tutorial in a 3x camera "Green Screen" virtual TV studio that merges a montage of chess imagery onto the background. The DVD is also built around the concept of 'Infotainment', where the learning process is enhanced with entertaining sequences between each chapter. These excursions take the viewer into Simon's Mad Chess World. Outside of competitions and exhibition games, these sequences also explore the likes of blindfold chess, simultaneous chess, exchange chess, drinking chess and chessboxing.
Simon's book, "The Classical Dutch", which is out of print now, was voted one of the best chess books of the last decade in the 100 anniversary issue of the New in Chess Yearbook. His DVD has many new ideas that build on the book and is a invaluable asset for anyone considering to play the Dutch!
Part 1: DVD Introduction
- Model Game – Sowray-Pert
- Basic Strategic Ideas
Part 2: The Main Line Classical
Chapter 1: Ye Old Faithful
- 7...a5 – Introduction
- 7...a5 8 Re1: 1st Introductory Game: Gallagher – Williams
- 7...a5 8 b3 : 2nd Introductory Game: Iskusnyh – Williams
- 7...a5 Theory A: 8 b3 7...a5
- Theory B: 8 Re1 7...a5
- Theory C: 8 Bg5 7...a5
- Theory D: 8 Qc2 7...a5
- A Typical Middlegame Structure
Chapter 2: The Most Popular 7...Qe8
- 7...Qe8 8 Re1 1st Introductory Game: Van Wely-Minasian
- 7...Qe8 8 Qc2 2nd Introductory Game: Taimanov-Kortschnoi
- 7...Qe8 Theory A: 8 Qc2?!
- 7...Qe8 Theory B: 8 Re1 – The Old Main Line
- 7...Qe8 Theory C: 8 b3 – The New Main Line
- 7...Qe8 Theory D: 8 Bg5
- 7...Qe8 A Typical Middlegame Structure: Werle-Dgebuadze
Chapter 3: The Modern 7...Ne4
- 7...Ne4 8 Bd2 1st Introductory Game: Sokolov-Williams
- 7...Ne4 8 Re1 2nd Introductory Game: Shirov-Williams
- 7...Ne4 Theory A: 8 Qc2
- 7...Ne4 Theory B: 8 Nxe4!
- 7...Ne4 Theory C: Other White Possibilities on move 8
- A Typical Middlegame Position
Chapter 4: New, Fresh and Slightly Dubious 7...Nc6!?
- 7...Nc6!? Introductory Game: Potomak-Lukasiewioz
- 7...Nc6!? Theory A: 8 Move Side Lines
- 7...Nc6!? Theory B: 10 dxe6 7...Nc6!?
- Theory C: 10 Nxe6: The Critical Choice
Chapter 5: White Fianchettos and Deviates at an Early Stage
- Introductory Game 1: Dumitrache-Williams
- Introductory Game 2: Roelvaag-Williams
- Theory A: An Early Nh3
- Theory B: White Avoids Playing c4
- Theory C: White Plays an Early b4 or b3
Part 3: White Avoids Fianchettoing
- 1st Introductory Game: Agrest-Williams
- 2nd Introductory Game: The Rook Lift!
- Theory A: White Plays e3, Bd3, Nge2 and f3
- Theory B: White Plays e3, Bd3 and Nf3
Chapter 2: Other Possibilities
- Introduction: White Plays Bg5 and e3
Part 4: Aggressive Set Ups and Early Gambits
- 1st Introductory Game: Kortschnoi-Kaenel
- 2nd Introductory Game: Tregubov-Malaniuk
- Staunton Gambit
- An Early h3 followed by g4!?
- Other Crazy Side Lines
Part 5: 1 d4 f5 - Early Deviations
- 2 Nc3 and 2 Bg5-Introduction
- 1st Introductory Game: 2 Bg5: Kharitonov-Gajewski
- 2nd Introductory Game: 2 Nc3: Sakaev-Volokitin
- Theory A: 2 Bg5 h6 followed by ...g5 and ...Rh7
- Theory B: 2 Nc3 Other Possibilities
Part 6: Conclusion
System Requirements: This DVD will run on all platforms – PC, MAC, games consoles and set top boxes.