Chess players have a tendency to focus mainly on improving their opening play but one must not forget that many games are actually decided in the endgame. Ginger GM has released two new endgame DVDs that will enhance a player's performance in this particular area of the game.
Using his wealth of knowledge and expertise, Grandmaster Nick Pert presents a series of lessons, categorized according to rating, that are designed to familiarise players with basic endgame theory. Nick also demonstrates the importance of this theory by providing real-life examples where superior endgame technique has proved to be decisive. Furthermore, puzzles have been included at the end of each chapter to test what has been learnt.
English Grandmaster Nick Pert is considered to be a leading expert in endgame theory. Fortunately for us, the former World Under 18 Champion has decided to share his knowledge of endgame play. Follow Nick as he systematically explains the secrets behind his success in the endgame!
Killer Endgames: DVD 1
- mating with king & queen v king;
- mating with king & rook v king;
- the square of the pawn;
- rook v 2 pawns on the sixth.
- king & pawn endings: opposition;
- mating with king & two bishops v king;
- elementary principles of rook & pawn v rook;
- king & pawn endings: the Outside Passed Pawn.
- queen v pawn on the 7th (rook’s pawn, knight’s pawn, bishop’s pawn and centre pawn);
- king & rook v king & knight;
- king & rook v king & bishop;
- bishop & ‘wrong’ rook’s pawn;
- rook & pawn v rook: Philidor’s Defence;
- mating with king & queen v king & knight;
- mating with king & queen v king & bishop;
- Practical Examples and Puzzles
System Requirements: This DVD will run on all platforms – PC, MAC, games consoles and set top boxes.