This is a closeout item we are selling at a significant discount. We will replace defective merchandise for the same title only, but no refunds or returns will be accepted on this software. US copyright law prohibits the return of any software which has been opened.
Wholesale Chess is unable to provide any technical or user support for this item. This software is known to be compatible through Windows XP and we have had success installing and running on both Windows 7 and Windows 8 PCs, but we cannot provide technical support if it doesn't work on your computer.
Chess Mentor Scholastic Edition is the right program for scholastic and beginning chess players who are learning the rules and basic strategies of the game. For a description of lessons included in Chess Mentor Scholastic Edition.
- Features 200 individual challenges
- For beginning chess players
- (Click here to download a patch for Windows Vista!)
- (Click here to download a patch for Windows 7!)
- Unique chess challenges by professional coaches like IM Jeremy Silman
- Customized amount of help and lets you ask for different levels of hints
- Highlights themes, important squares, and key pieces in the position
- Gives feedback on all of your available moves, not just the correct move
- Allows multiple profiles for different players to receive customized lessons
- Meaures progress and scores on individual problems and overall progress
- Supported OS: Windows 98, ME, XP
- Processor: Pentium III 450 MHz or AMD Duron 600 MHz
- RAM: 128 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
- CD-ROM drive speed: 4X
- Hard Drive space: 50MB