Style Bender: Magnus Carlsen’s 50 Best Games – GM Arkadij Naiditsch
Magnus Carlsen – World Champion and the highest-rated player of all time – dominates the strongest players in the world because of his immense strength in all types of positions.
Tactical or positional, kingside attack or queenside squeeze, technical endgame or dynamic defense… Carlsen is willing and able to do whatever it takes to win.
In this 16-hour course, GM Arkadij Naiditsch (peak rating 2737 and 17th in the world) examines 50 of Magnus Carlsen’s best games, grouping them into categories such as Positional Masterpieces, Attacking Play, Endgames, and World Championship Clashes.
Naiditsch’s analysis and explanations will open your eyes to possibilities that even elite grandmasters missed before Carlsen played them.
You will learn how to make progress in quiet positions, ramp up the pressure in attack, and create winning chances in level endgames.
Everything you see is practical and can be applied in your own games, and each winning strategy and psychological ploy is made memorable by following the cut and thrust of the play.
Study all 50 games with Arkadij’s expert explanations and you will be armed with some of the most powerful chess ideas ever seen on the board.
What will I learn from this course:
- Mind-Warping Attacks. Re3 looks like a beginner’s move – and yet it sets up a deep attack and forces Carlsen’s higher-rated opponent to resign just a few moves later. Naiditsch explains how preparation is as important as execution and reveals the hidden clues that lead Magnus to moves like this.
- 1% Moves. When your every move is 1% better than your opponent’s you soon snowball that edge into complete domination. Pawn moves, trades, key squares, king position… Magnus is incredibly accurate with these decisions – and Naiditsch explains how.
- Endgame Genius. Carlsen wins endgames that even elite GMs would only draw 95% of the time. Magnus sees everything and finds every brilliant resource to bring home the full point time after time.
As well as the 16 hours of video content, you’ll also receive:
- PGN Database: All the games from the course, organized by theme.
- Carlsen’s Game Database: A huge PGN containing nearly 4000 of Magnus’ games!
- Style Bender: Read the complete story of Magnus Carlsen’s spectacular career from his first professional games right up to his World Championship heights.
- Puzzles: Test yourself with devious puzzles taken from Carlsen’s games. Can you remember the ideas you’ve learned from the videos?
- Learn the most effective chess ideas ever played, from the highest-rated, most accurate player of all time, Magnus Carlsen!
|Host||GM Arkadij Naiditsch|
|Publication Date||November 16, 2021|
|Hardware Requirements||Standard DVD Player|
|Region Lock||None - Playable Anywhere|